CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sweet Treats!

It's hard to believe, but my "baby" turns 2 on Sunday! I can't believe how quickly she's growing up. I know it sounds completely cliche but it's true!

In celebration of her turning Two, we have invited a few of her little friends over for some cake and to play. So in preparation for her little party I decided to make these treat boxes as the 'take away gift' for all her friends. I considered board books or something that was 'non-candy' but I could not come up with anything inexpensive so I thought these little boxes created by Schwooo! were perfect! The assembly of it is actually super quick and easy and I also got to use my favourite die, the ever popular Top Note!

For the inside, I've baked Animal Cookies using the Animal Cookie cutters from William Sonoma. I found a really amazing recipe and the cookies almost melt in your mouth they are so good! When I saw the cookie cutters on the WS site I just knew I had to have them. Natasha loves animal crackers and I figured when she's a bit older it will make for a fun afternoon of baking for us. :0)

The colours for the treat box are a bit bolder then I would normally pick (Tangerine Tango!) but when I saw the DSP Hawaiian Papaya, I knew I had to use it. Chocolate chip seemed too dark and Kiwi Kiss just was not doing it for me, so TT won out.

The ribbon is a pretty Satin Ribbon from SU, Kiwi Kiss that Heather sent me in one of her downline update letters. I love it and it fits just perfect for this project. I do not have any shredded paper, I imagine I could get some at Michaels but I figure that will just be messy for the kids (they are all 1.5-2.5 yrs old) so I just used a cello bag instead.

Recipe:
Stamps: Deer Friends (hostess lvl 2)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Hawaiian Papaya, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Top Note Die, Scallop Punch, Circle Punches, Jumbo Pewter Eyelet, Crop-o-dile, 1/8" Handheld Punch.

Tomorrow I need to make the dough for the cookies (I made a batch last week to 'test' them out and O, N and I have pretty much devoured them hehe), then Friday bake up the cookies and her cake.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I remember you mentioning the cookie cutters, and I agree, they were well worth it.

    Wish your little sweetie a Happy Birthday from us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, great little box! Gives me a great idea..

    Happy 2nd birthday, N!

    ReplyDelete