CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm on a roll. ;P

During the big pre-order for Demos I snatched up a couple of hostess sets I knew I had zero hope in ever obtaining since I do have many customers. I became a demo bc when I worked out how much money I was spending on crafting supplies over a 4 month period, I learned I'd actually save money by being a demo with the 20% discount.

Anywho, because I'm a 'hobbiest' Demo, ever obtaining enough sales to reach the required amount for a Hostess set lvl II or III is near impossible (ppl sell them on ebay for $60+ which is crazy!). The Fall/Winter Catalogue just so happened to contain 2 stamps in lvl 2 and 3 that I loved, this level 3 set being one of them. It's called "Window Dressing" and it's sooo cute! I love it and have been dying to use it, but when I went on my crafting haitus it sat there in the box not even mounted.

Last night I got it together, mounted it and then today while my daughter enjoyed the Little Einsteins at my feet (I let her use her portable DVD player), I did up this card. I have to say I'm rather pleased with how it turned out! Usually I picture these things in my head and they turn out nothing like I imagined.

It was a lot of work though! You can't really tell from the photo but it's "stacked" up on tons of dimensionals. I popped up the snowmen, the DSP, the little girl, her cat AND I re-stamped cut out the shutters and popped them up on the exsisting ones. For the windows I used my exacto knife and chose some 'wallpapery' looking Ski Slope DSP for the background. I would have loved to put a tree behind her like I've seen on other cards but I'm lacking a good tree stamp. Luckily I just ordered Jolliest time of the Year so I'll have a snowman and tree soon enough. :0) Oh and on top of all that I dug out my Aquapainter and watercoloured everything. Yes I was rather ambitious!

I'm so proud of my card I'm not sure I can even give it away now. hah!

Recipe:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Ski Slope DSP, Watercolour paper
Stamps: Window Dressing (Hostess lvl 3)
Ink: Aqua Painter, Black Stazon, SU Markers - Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Liquid Applique (snow), Dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. I love this set, but have never gotten enough sales to get up to the level. Your card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the new cattie comes out in January you can drool over the new Lvl II/III's and then have to decide which one of each lvl you want, as they only allow you 1 of a lvl 2 and one of a lvl 3. I had a tough time deciding between Deer Friends and Serene Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!! I love the little scene you created, it's adorable.

    I need to pick up some of that Liquid Applique before Winter is over.

    ReplyDelete