CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Mini Calendar That Went Big.

What seems like Eon's ago now, Danielle over at Fat Cat Stamper created a calendar for a Pretties challenge she was in. I saw it on her blog and thought "Wow, that's pretty cool, I could do the same thing as a Christmas gift, but instead of using Cooper and Sophia stamps, I could put pictures of my daughter from that specific month of 2008. I figured my mom would love it (probably use it as a desk calendar at work) and I also "assumed" that I'd whip it up in a weekend. I was sooooo wrong.

I started my calendar at least 3 months ago. A least! I just finished it last night. And I can't even really say it's finished because I have not added the photos for Nov. and Dec. because I'm waiting for my daughter's birthday party and am going to put a photo of that on the November Page.

Now that I've finished it, I have to say it is lovely and I know my mom is going to just love it! I almost do not want to give it to her. I think I need to add a clause to her gift that says "Upon completion of the year 2009, calendar must not be thrown out". hah I really can't print her new months of the year for 2010 to just stick on because I used permanent tape on them and the embellishments are also stuck over them. Since it's pics of her grand-daughter I'm sure she'll keep it forever and ever right?

Here are a few photos. Each photo is 2x3. I think I did 2.25x3.25 for the "mat" under each photo.




I think mine is even a bit bigger then Danielle's. The front and back cover (not shown, the front just says on it "year of 2009" on some coordinating paper) are SU Board Basics - Small. I *think* (I am to lazy to check my catalog) it's 5.5" x 7.5". I then binded it together using my Zutter and 1" O rings. The chipboard is nice bc it allows the calendar to stand on it's own. The "mini" calendar months I used a free program called Red Castle. Danielle had posted it on her blog or I probably would never have figured out how she did the months of the year!

The rest of the calendar is mostly SU papers/supplies. Some of the ribbon is Dots, Dashes and Checks from Michaels bc I do not have a huge stash of SU ribbon.

I had "planned" to make two of these, but it was so much work for this one, I doubt I could finish a 2nd one. So instead I think I'll do my MIL a waterfall scrapbook that was posted on Heather's blog last week. It looks a lot faster/easier to do! Or, I could do her a smaller version, the coaster calendar that I saw over on Stamp'n with Di. It would definitely be a lot faster then this one was..or so it would seems. Of course bc it's smaller it probably would not fit a ver big sized photo of Natasha. I think I'll just stick to a Waterfall Scrapbook for her.

Recipe:
Paper: Always DSP, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpking Pie, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette (I sponged the little calendar months, Danielle owns an airbrush!)
Accessories: Felt Fusion I & II (flowers), Boquet Buttons, some SU Ribbon (Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie), Dots Dashes, Checks Ribbon, Amercian Crafts Elements Ribbon, Zutter Bind It All!, Pewter Brads, Pink Brads, Twine.

1 comment: