Monday, November 17, 2008

Still in the Christmas Spirit. :0)

For some time now I've read/admired Kwernerdesign. Every Monday she has a MACM video and although her cards are very simple and cute, I've never tried one. Then last night while I was waiting for some crystal effects to dry, I decided to try an acetate card from one of her MACM's. She used acetate cards from Hero Arts, but since all I had handy was some overhead sheets (which is the same thing) I cut it to size, used my scorer and it worked just fine.

I think it turned out pretty cute! I used my SU Snowfall Set and used White Stazon ink as per KW's directions in the video. It actually dried super quickly. I then used some of my Ski Slope DSP and Be Merry set. :0)

The Chocolate band of DSP goes all the way around the card so it hides my tape runner, pertty smart eh? Again KW shared that or else I probably would have just let the tape or glue show on the inside. heh. You can see her video here for this card. Hers is slightly different in that she used Hero Arts for the title and some embellishments.

While I was working on the above card, I was waiting for the ornaments of this one to dry. The frustrating part is that after they dried I did not like how they turned out and did not end up using them. Over on Blogging Jen's blog, she did this card. I thought the idea of using crystal effects and glitter was a cool idea, so that is what I was going to do, however my end result was not that great and I just ended up with glitter all over me as well as Crystal effects. hah!

So I did it sort of halfway. I stamped the ornies in Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss using the snowflakes and the tree from Snow Swirled (like Jenn did). I then punched them out using my 1", 1 1/4, 1 3/4" circle punches, used some tape to adhere them to some scrap paper. Then I used my versamark and clear embossing powder. While it was still tacky I used some iridescent glitter and heated it again. :0) They are not as shiny or sparkly as Jenn's, but I still think they turned out ok.

The 'hangers' are silver twine I found in the ribbon section of Michaels. I used my piercer to pierce a hole at each point that I wanted the ornaments then I drew the ribbon through and tied it in a bow. Each Ornament is raised slightly using dimensionals. I used Ski Slope DSP for the background and Chocolate chip as the main part of the card. :0) The greeting is from the stamp set Warm Words. When I first bought that set I got it mostly for the "Be Merry" greeting but I use all the other greetings a lot as well! It's definitely a great greeting set to own. :0)

I hope everyone is keeping warm today. There is about a foot of snow on the ground here and it's a bit chilly outside. I'm glad I have no errands to do today and can just keep warm inside enjoying my hot chocolate and doing some crafts. :0)


  1. Ooh, I love the acetate card! I think I need to get some white Staz-On. I always seem to have issues with SU's white craft ink.

  2. Those are awesome! Love the ornaments!! I think that's what I'll be doing for hte rest of my swap cards!