CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Serene Spring

It certainly is not spring weather here! Natasha walked across the street with me before lunch to get the mail and then decided she was going to punish her poor mother by wanting to play outside. I will be the first to admit that as soon as we have that first snowfall and it turns cold, the last place I want to be is outside! But, being the good mother I am, I put something on my feet other then slippers and we played in the backyard for a bit before I decided it was time for lunch and just too darn cold to stay out there any longer.

I decided to take a quick break from my Christmas card making and do up this cute little card for a friend. She's been awesome over the past week. I also saw over on Beate's blog (I can't link it bc bloglines is down and I have no idea anyone's blog addys, I just read them through bloglines!) she had posted a Christmas card that has this layout for her Workshop and linked to a neat little tutorial on SCS. It shows you how to make a scallop square using your scallop edger punch if you do not own any nesstibilities. I own some, unfortunately my CB broke just as they arrived in the mail so I've not had a chance to use them! Anywho, it was super easy to make this scallop square.

The stamped image is on water colour paper. I used my SU Markers (Love em!) and my aquapainter. My water colouring skills are still sub-par but I keep trying at it. :0)

Recipe:
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Water Colour Paper, Bella Rose DSP
Stamps: Serene Spring (Hostess lvl 2), Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Scallop Edger Punch, Aqua Painter, SU Makers

I don't think I've ever shared any photos of my daughter, here are a couple from this past week. Ignore my wall in the first one, I'm in the process of painting the upstairs hallway, bc you know, I do not have enough projects on the go. Its Benjamin Moore Sea Urchin in case you are curious ;-)

In the backyard today while I froze, she played!



She LOVES wearing hats and headbands. These ears are from Easter. A couple of days ago she decided she was going to wear them all day. She even napped in them! hehe

I also do not think I've ever mentioned on here that I work PT at GAP, hence why my daughter is so much more of a Fashionita then her mother. Between buying her clothes and my craft addiction, I do not see much of my pay cheque. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment