CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm still here.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning out my craft room and doing a massive re-organization. Of course, 24hrs later, it's stuffed full again. :p We set up my daughter's new twin bed today and had to move her crib into my craft room. This was only my room temporarily to begin with, but I was getting quite comfy in here. Things should be back to normal in here again after my husband and I re-assemble the crib (There will be more room with it assembled and less chance of dings/scratches etc. if we keep it apart. Plus we have no where to store it) and perhaps move the change table out and put in our room for now.

Anyhow, the mass re-org was spurred by the fact that I felt it was time to get back into my crafting. It's been months since I have crafted a single card/scrapbook page or anything for that matter. What better way to start off then by casing one of Heather's cards from Festive Fridays. :D I feel completely drained mentally and I love the "Deer Friends" set (which she used) and wanted to try her way of doing shaker cards so it seemed like a great idea.

The first issue I ran into was that I do not yet own the 1 3/4" circle punch, so I used my Coluzzle instead for the bigger circle. It worked great. Also, I learned that my tape runner tape is not strong enough, so ended up going out and getting stuff called "Tacky Tape" from the scrapbook store, which work great. My only other complaint is that Microbeads suck to work with. :p Next time I think I'll use chunky glitter.


Stamps: Snowburst (I think? I own too many snowflake stamp sets :P), Deer Friends (Hostess lvl 2), SnowFall (Happy Holiday words)
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Coluzzle (I think the circle I used on it is around 2"), 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1" circle punch, scallop edger punch, crystal ball microbeads, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon,

2 comments: