CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Thanks..

I recently acquired the cute stamp set - Fun & Fast Notes

thank you
Originally uploaded by carleycat11
I love this set! I think it's perfect for quick 'notes' to friends for birthdays, thank you, Christmas, you name it this set has a stamp for it.

Looking through my paper I noticed I had an abundance of pink paper (imagine that wink) so even though I would have liked to do this little bird with nice bright shades of blue, I chose pink and brown. It also goes well with the other stamp I plan to use for the centre image. I did 10 cards and did 5 of this cute little bird and plan to do 5 with the Lamb from Pun Fun. I ordered this set and it's been sent to me, but I've not received it yet. I'm hoping to get it today.

For the colouring I used my blender pen again and ink pads. This time, instead of of colouring directly on the image, I used my scrap paper more, by first drawing on it until I had gotten the right amount of ink on my pen then coloured it. I went with the less is more approach this time. For the areas I wanted highlighted/a bit darker I went over again. I actually wish I had the SU markers to do this with, since with the blender pen, it can start to 'fuzz' the paper if you go over one spot too much.

IMG_5096
Originally uploaded by carleycat11


I would have liked to do some stamping on the light pink paper, but I do not own any background stamps (I like the Sand Paper one) or other ones I thought looked 'right'. Of course last night as I lay tossing and turning in bed, I thought "hey I could have used my cuttlebug and embossed it using Spots on Dots or Divine Swirls.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes. Paper: Brazill Basics - Dark Pink, light Pink, Brown, SU Very Vanilla. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive. Other: American Crafts Elements Ribbon - Brown, Making Memories Brads - Pewter mini circles, Prima Flowers, blender pens

1 comment:

  1. i love the colour and the overall look of the card... good work, S...

    ReplyDelete