CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy New Baby

Friends of ours were due to have their Baby on March 17th, but when she was in for a check up at around 36w the babe was breech and after having an u/s done last week, babe was still breech so they were scheduled for a c/s this Friday at 9am. I guess the baby decided not to wait, bc our friend's water broke yesterday morning! They had a little girl, Miriya - 8lbs 4oz. I really like the name. O says the name is from a character in the Robotech series. Totally her Husband's picking I'd say.

Happy New Baby
Originally uploaded by carleycat11

So, now that I know the gender I sat down last night and did up this card. The cute hippo is from Pun Fun, the same set as the Ewe. I really like this set. mrgreen

For the hippo, instead of using my ink + blender pen I used my watercolour pencil instead. I tried with ink/blender pen but it just did not come out right. I find that is really good for small areas, but a bigger area it's really hard to colour w/o leaving lines and other dark areas. I did use it a small bit around the hippo's head to make the highlight.

I think after M's brief tutorial the other night I'm going to invest in the SU crayons. They just seemed so easy and fast to colour an image.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Pun Fun, For A Friend, Little Flowers. Paper: Brazill Basics - Sundance, Light Pink, Dark Pink, White (I never remember BB's paper names). Ink: Yoyo Yellow, Pixie Pink, Going Gray. Other: American Crafts Elements - Mustard mini circles, blender pen, zots, grey watercolour pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment