CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Arrrr Matey!

Heather is to blame for the reason I purchase SU's Ahoy Matey Stamp set, as well as the matching wheel. redface When I was browsing her blog a few weeks ago I came across this exact card and just loved it! I thought it was the perfect Birthday card for a little boy so, because I have no self contral whatsoever, I bought the set and cased the card Heather had created, right down to the same colour of paper. I thought the combination of colours was perfect, and why mess with perfection? I gave away the first one today to B's little guy for his First Birthday party today.

Recipe: All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Ahoy Matey! + coordinating wheel. Paper: More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red. Ink: Going Grey, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel. Other: Wonder Crayons, Aqua Pen, White Gel Pen, Making Memories Brads, Tab Punch (I cheated and traced it from the catalog!), Ticket Punch, Birthday Cuttlebug Embosing folder.

After I made this one though, I thought, mmm this would make a great shaker card as well...So I used all the same materials, but instead I added acetate, a frame (I have coasters on their way for future shaker cards), some sand and some coloured beads for "jewels" and made this version;

I think it turned out ok, but I think it needs some 'tweaking'.

No comments:

Post a Comment