CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

When the Power Goes Out.

Edit to move this to the top of my entry instead of having it at the bottom since I was so long winded. :p

Click here for a sneak peek of the new SU "In Color" family - Pink Poruette, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Riding Hood Red! It also looks like there is a new cute little Owl stamp set in the new Catalog. Is it sad that I'm looking forward to getting an early preview to the July-Dec. Catalog (I should get an early copy mid-June if I'm reading other Demo's sites correctly!) almost more then Christmas?

-----

Yesterday between 9am and 9.30am the power flickered in and out about 4xs before going off for good. It remained off until 5.30pm, making for a rather dull day, and a bit frustrating since it appeared (after a walk around the neighbourhood) that it was only our street that was out. Minus that one neighbour who had a generator in his backyard and was blaring his music.

Anywho, after I had crochet'd a bit, then cleaned up the basement (O and his dad drywalled it this past week so it was a huge mess!) I decided to work on some cards.

This first card is for a friend. I did one for her already, but I was invited to her 'friend' shower (she had a family one yesterday), so I made another one and will be giving her the baby blanket I did not have finished when we saw them 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure how keen I am on this card. I'm still debating it actually. I bought this cute Giraffe stamp today while I was out so I might use that instead and make a whole new card. I like the "It's Beautiful" wheel along the bottom but I think it's the colours I'm not so keen on.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Priceless, It's Beautiful Jumbo Wheel, Short & Sweet. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum . Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pale Plum, Real Red, yellow marker. Other: Ribbon, and dimensionals.


This is for no one in particular, I just wanted a chance to try out my Pretty Petals background stamp I got a week ago. Love this stamp, I definitely know why now some ppl use brayers, it's HUGE. I had no idea they were this big, using a brayer would help ink it up so much faster. It just barely fits on my stamp n scrub pad to clean it.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Always, Pretty Petals. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, River Rock, Whisper White . Ink: Pixie Pink, Old Olive. Other: Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelets.







This was a card I found on SCS. The tutorial for it can be found here - Flap Card. I might make this my card for the new card exchange I'm in. I'll pick a different colour combination though, and I'd like to use a paper piercer instead of a gel pen. A Mat Pack is on my wish list, but I'm waiting until I can get my SU markers first before I place another order. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. I think I'd also add some sort of sentiment to it since I'll most likely change the stamped image. I guess I should have said "I think I'm going to make a flap card for the card exchange", not "I'm going to make this card for the exchange". heh

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Cause for Celebration (Hostess set lvl 2), Pretty Petals Background Stamp. Paper: Brocade Blue, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa. Ink: Close to Cocoa, Blue Brocade, brown marker for outline and body of butterfly. Other: Coluzzle, Ribbon, ticket corner punch, scallop punch, and I once again traced my circles bc all the circle punches I ordered from SU in my order (1 1/4", 1 1/2 and 1 3/8" are all back ordered!!)

I also finished up the gift card holder I had started a while ago. I cased this card paper for paper, stamp for stamp from the Tutorial on SCS, which can be found here.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Priceless, Absolutely fabulous. Paper: Certainly Celery, River Rock, Groovy Guava . Ink: Certainly Celery, River Rock, Groovy Guava. Other: Dimensionals, coin envelopes.

It' needs something more, a bit of ribbon, a brad or something but I can't put my finger on it yet. Maybe a brad? In the Tut she used a brad + ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, i just saw the flap card on Beate's blog yesterday and thought i'd have to get to making one soon...

    i love all the cards you've posted this entry...

    ReplyDelete