CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Flap Card.


Another week, another card challenge over on H! This week is to make a flap card. I made one a couple of weeks ago and posted that, but I felt I was cheating so today during N's nap I made another.

Anyone ever notice anything lately about my cards? I have a love of the Jumbo Wheels lately. I have a few of the smaller wheels but I have found through using them that I really do not like them as much. I like that the Jumbo ones are wider and make a nice, less busy pattern.

I debated putting some sort of wording on it, but I did not it to be 'tied' in to any particular occasion. I think it looks fine without one. :0)

For this card I used my Garden Whimsy set and the Whimsy Wheel. I actually ordered the Whimsy wheel a couple of months after the set as I was not sure on it, but I kept seeing cards that used it and the more I saw it, the more I started to like it.

I also got to try out my Mat Pack. For some reason I was excited to do paper piercing. I learned from this card though, that if you do not have your layered piece of paper perfectly aligned (which I can be bad for, oops!) it really shows when you go to line up your mat to pierce.

This is the inside;


Tomorrow I will hopefully have N's Easter scrapbook page to share!

Recipe;

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Whimsy Jumbo Wheel. Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink DSP, Apricot Appeal. Ink: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose. Accessories: 1" Punch, Scallop Punch, Mat Pack (paper piercing), Dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. I find that I like the regular wheels for a strip of pattern, like the edge of a page or something, but the jumo wheels are better for an all-over background, and better for tone-on-tone stuff. I've got a couple jumbo wheels on my wishlist, they'd be good for making custom patterned paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice flap card. Good to see Garden Whimsey again.

    ReplyDelete