CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm on a mission...

Or so it seems to try all these different shapes and ideas ppl have tutorials for on SCS. I had planed to try one of the accordion fold Tag cards today, but I could not really come up with an idea for one, or which papers to use, so instead I did a Trifold card. Super cute card that Beate did a Tutorial (you'll have to search for "Trifold card" as SCS is not working for me right now)for on SCS. I used my Garden Whimsy and Priceless set to do the front and my short and sweet sentiments set for the saying. (Gee I use those sets a lot!)

The card was inspired for another exchange I'm in, which is Thank You or Wedding cards. I originally was going to use the bride from "She's all That" set but I could not come up with a design I liked, and the card is a bit small for the stamp set. I had no 12x12 paper in the colour I desired (to do a bigger size) so I switched gears and made the front on this very similar to the gift card holder I did a couple of weeks ago. I like it, but I feel repetitive since I used this very similar look on the gift card. Maybe for the ones I do for the exchange I'll use a big flower instead but keep the swirls? I love the swirls!

Front:



Inside:



I'm not sure, it just seems like it's missing something - brads...ticket punch corners?? I don't know. Looking at it some more, maybe I should chalk/dust the edges of the white squares so they are not so 'sharp'?

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Priceless, Short & Sweet. Paper: So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery, Cutie Pie DSP (I think it's called cutie pie?). Ink: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Brocade, Certainly Celery. Other: Ribbon.

Tomorrow I will hopefully have N's V-day scrapbook page to share. I know, shocking that I actually have a page idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment