CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Today is brought to you by the Letters A, B, C, D, E & F

I've always wanted to make a small 'brag book' for gifts to the grandparents but, I've never had the motivation to do one from scratch. When I saw Heather was using the SU "Define your Life" stamp set as well as the DSP paper sets from SU to make brag books I thought it was a great idea. What more could I ask for? She stamped/embossed and pre-cut everything, all I had to do was organize some photos, add them to the pages as well as the embellishments that are included with the paper.

What I learned was that it was/is not as easy as I had thought it would. As someone who has been scrapbooking for a long time, has all the tools, tons of paper and embellishments, I found this 'kit' a bit limiting. Sure it was easy to get it together, but it's taken me a month or more just to get A-F done! I'm finding it hard in the respect that I did not start it, I'm limited (in a way) to the coordinating embellishments and restricted in photo size. I think this is great for those that have not invested in all the papers, eyelets, punches, stamps that I have over the years, but for myself, even though I've enjoyed the 'short cut' I'm not sure it's something I could do too often. I like my creative freedom too much.


Stamps: Define your Life. Paper: SU Crew Girls & Embellishments

I was thinking maybe I could create something similar but instead use my cricut for some of the embellishments. I like the stamp set it is really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment