CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Riley Park - Natasha's Nine Month Photo Session


Riley Park / photos by lulufoto
Originally uploaded by carleycat11

When I first told my husband that we would be having photos done of Natasha every 3 months, he told me I was crazy. I will readily admit that I was being a "sheep", everyone else was doing it, so I wanted to do it. We probably did not need photos of her every 3 months, and my husband and some friends have said I could have taken just as nice captures, but then I would not have had any family pictures! heh

These captures are from my favourite photo shoot, her nine month session that we had done at Riley Park. At the time, I thought the session was a complete wash, Tash was fussy, my husband was late arriving (he came directly from work to the park), and she just did not seem to be in the 'photo mood'. I can't really blame her, she's had a lense in her face since the moment she was born, so I think by Nine Months she just had had enough.

Lulu and Rich of lulufoto surprised us both though 2 weeks later when she emailed me a link to the slideshow with some beautiful captures! Somehow, between the crying, grumpy faces, and her general unco-operativeness, they had a CD for us of 70+ images, most of which we loved. This session also produced my all time favourite family shot of all of us. It's not included on my scrapbook page, but I do have it printed in 11x16 and framed on the wall in my living room.

Doing this page was very enjoyable for me, and brought back some great memories of the day in the park. :0)

Recipe:

Paper: Brazill Basics (rosey pink), Daisy Bucket Designs - Sweet Marabella/Carmella (flowers/stripes)
Brads: Brazill Basics Paper Petunia
Lettering: Circut Cartridge - Opposites Attract, Upright Function used, Zigg writer pen (word "the")
Scraplifted from: I found this layout in the Becky Higgins "Best of Sketches Book". I liked it because it allowed for a lot of photos (I had way too many favourites I wanted scrap'd for this page!) but still had a nice flow. I used different paper, brads and my photo sizes are not the same.

The photos were not matted, I simply printed them off with a border.

As an aside, it appears I've been 'discovered' so I've adjusted my comments, I now am approving all comments prior to them being posted, as well as, I opened things up so those without a google account can still comment. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment