CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2008

A little Improvision.

I've spent most of the weekend (when not playing with my daughter or doing housework) pouring over Split Coast Stamper's Gallery for card ideas and adding stamps to my wish list. When I was not there, I was visiting Heather's blog - Stamp with Heather. I'll give you a warning, if you visit her blog you might lose several hours of your life pouring over her entries and drinking up all her wonderful ideas!

So, here was my problem, we have a Birthday party to attend tomorrow for Owen's neice and nephew and I wanted to hand make them some cards. My only problem was, I do not own a single birthday stamp nor do I own a cricut cartridge that has any birthday fonts/embellishments on it. I did recently place a Stampn' Up order which qualified for a free Sal-abration stamp, of which I picked "Birthday Whimsey" but I won't receive it for another week or so.

Back to the online catalogue I went, and on page 43 inspiration struck from their stamp set "Big Birthday Candle". Now I do not own it, but I did know the image on the page is the same size as the stamp, so I printed it out, cut out the candle/flame and used it as my template. I used the same 'idea' but instead of a band/stripe I used my Happy Birthday embossing folder. The only thing I wish I did have was a small "happy birthday" stamp or "birthday wishes" I hate my printing! It looks even worse in this reduced size image.



Recipe:



Paper: Brazill Basics Paper - Fushia, Olive, Very Pale Yellow (sorry I do not know the exact names!)
Ink: SU Barely Banana, black Zig Pen (decoration on the candles/flames), Fushia Pink (over embossing)
Brads: Making Memories Flowers
Other: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Happy Birthday!


Unfortunately, I do not have any boy paper, so his nephew will get a store bought card this time around. He's in his teens so I'm not really sure how he'd feel about a handmade card anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment