SCS Gallery and on Heather's Blog.
Overall I'm happy with the result, except for the glaringly obvious crooked "D". I think the ribbon looks a bit candy cane-ish but over all not that bad. It was definitely a lesson in patience when it came to lining up the letters and trying to make them straight, as you can see I lost my concentration for a bit when it came to the "D". Funny how I had just said, "Wow so far so good!".
It's rather easy to make, it just takes some patience. First I lightly penciled a line across an 8.5x11 pc of white cardstock, then I started stamping my family. Once completed, I drew another pencil line above them, centered my letters first, then stamped them on. For the "L" and "D" I used a masking technique that I learned about on Heather's blog. I re-stamped my head and my husbands on a pc of scrap paper, placed it over the original heads, and then stamped the "L" and the "D". I wish I could have gotten a bit closer with the "D".
I tried a different colouring technique this time from what I used on my Birthday Cards as well. Instead of colouring directly onto the stamped image, I heavily coloured a swatch on scrap paper, used a wet brush to 'blend' and once I had the consistency/shade I wanted, I coloured on the stamped image. I still need to improve on my colour skills, but I liked this method a lot better then colouring the image directly and then wetting it with my brush.
Ink: Ruby Red (Letters), Basic Black (stick figures)
Stamps: All in the Family, Headline Alphabet (borrowed from M!)
Other Supplies: Making Memories Petunia Brads, Ribbon from Michaels (I need to get some coordinating ribbon from SU!), Pencil crayons.
Purpose: I'm not sure yet, I think I'll just mat and frame it and set it on one of the end tables in the living room. Eventually I'll have to do it again when we have a 2nd child.
Difficulty: Fairly easy, it just takes some patience as I mentioned to make sure everything is all lined up and centered. That's the reason I used a letter size piece of paper, I centered on that first, then cut it down to size. I definitely plan to do this again, as this was my 'sample' one. I want to make one as a gift to a friend.