CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

You mean Everything to Me


I was able to get some time to myself this afternoon while the "kids" were sleeping and do another card for the make and takes. Once again I found inspiration by visiting Danielle's blog and her SCS Gallery. I love this stamp set and when I saw her card I thought it was so beautiful! I think one of my favourite images of this set are the mulberry twigs? Branches? There are just so many options and ways to use it!

I changed it up a bit by adding paper piercing using my mat pack, a scalloped edge at the bottom and a different saying plus the bird and heart. I really like how it turned out. I'm a bit iffy on the Very Vanilla ribbon, I was considering chocolate chip but I thought that might be too much brown? The only problem I'm having with these Make and Takes is that I have very very little SU Ribbon, all my ribbon is from Michaels. I love ribbon so I needed to pick a colour combination that matched up with some of my limited SU stock.

Edit: It was bugging me too much I took the Very Vanilla ribbon off and used Choc. Chip. I think it looks much better. :0)

Recipe: Paper: Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Berry Bliss DSP. Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip. Ribbon: Chocolate Chip. Tools: Mat Pack.

1 comment:

  1. I love those colours! I see what you mean about the vanilla ribbon, I think maybe chocolate chip would work a bit better.

    I am so in love with that set. I haven't given in...yet...

    ReplyDelete