CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kwerner CI #14

Well I was about a day late to submit my card for this challenge but I decided since I was suddenly struck with a card idea that I'd do it anyway. I'm not quite sure where the time went but for some reason I thought I still had time tonight to submit my card. Oh well, next week!

This week Kristina's colour inspiration was from the Cupcake Tees which are mostly monochromatic but to make things fun, she added Ruby Red and River Rock to Whisper White, Basic Grey and Basic Black.

I was probably late for this challenge bc I just did not seem to have any motivation this week and trust me, my house shows it well! Also, I kept going back to Kristina's blog, looking at the colours and the cards other people had already submitted and could just not come up with an idea for my own.

Anywho, enough rambling! Tonight after my daughter was in bed I sat down, pulled out the paper colours and came up with this card. In hindsight I probably could have just cut the stamp in rectangle panels. After deciding to add ribbon to it, you can't really tell that I cut it out into 6 3/4" squares.


I'm fairly happy with it. Looking at it I sort of wish I had done some sponging on all the layers but at the time I could not really decide on a colour for sponging. Anywho, I need to get to bed, the stampede starts tomorrow and we are getting up bright and early to go see the parade!

Recipe: Paper: Basic Black, Going Grey, River Rock, Ruby Red. Ink: Basic Black, Moonlight White (Stazon I think!). Stamps: Priceless (flower), Baroque Motif. Ribbon: Dots, Checks, Dashes. Tools: Large Oval Punch, 3/4" square punch, Mat Pack.

2 comments:

  1. looks great - love those Cupcake tees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still really like how it turned out, even if it's not quite how you'd planned... :)

    ReplyDelete