CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Make and Takes.

A couple of weeks ago (maybe even longer!) Heather sent me an email and asked if I'd like to do some Make and Takes for the Stampin' Up Convention that starts on July 31. Her idea was to have all her downline ladies make some cards and then she'd take them with her and get our 'swaps'.

M of her downline team is in ON but she was nice enough to email me and see if I'd like to mail them to her and in turn she'd mail me my 'share' back. At the time I thought it was a great idea. I figured it would be a nice variety of cards and I'd get to take a look at a ton of different styles, plus my cards would be 'out there' for someone else to enjoy!

The only rules for the Make & Takes are that 1) All the supplies used have to be Stampin' Up and 2) None of the stamps can be retired stamps. They all have to be stamps that are readily/easily available. Oh and the card is actually only the front of a card so half a card. :0)

My first idea today was to try some different colours that I normally do not reach for and secondly, a stamp set I had not used yet or hardly ever use.

I had originally bought Pre-historic Pals to do some boy birthday cards (my nephews) and some scrapbook pages but until this afternoon I had yet to even cut it and mount it!

I also tried out a new technique for this card, cloud making! There have been a few times where I've stamped some images and thought, you know this would be so nice with some clouds. I had read I think on Julie's blog that at one time SU had a cloud making tool but had since been retired and for the life of me I could not figure out a way to do them unless I made my own Template. So of course this delayed me even attempting it.

Then this morning when I was bouncing around blogs I started to read Stampin' with Di and she had a Masking Tutorial where she showed how she made her clouds. It's sooo easy I can't believe I never thought of it before. She just takes a scallop punch of paper and sponges around it! Easy peasy eh? Although not super easy bc when I made clouds for the "sky" I sponged the bottom of the punch not the top so I guess I have upside down clouds. :p

Recipe: Stamps: Pre-historic Pals, Fun & Fast Notes. Paper: East Coast Prep DSP, Real Red, More Mustard, Garden Green, Tempting Tourquoise. Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Garden Green, Tempting Tourquoise, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard. Tools: Scallop Punch, Tab Punch.

My second card I also decided to pick out some colours that I rarely use, I really like the Night of Navy and Pale Plum together. :0)


Recipe: Stamps: Priceless, Warm Words. Paper: Night of Navy, Prints Pack, Whisper White, Pale Plum. Ink: Real Red, Almost Amethyst, Pale Plum. Tools: 1 3/8" circle Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Mat Pack.

Tomorrow morning I have to work for a few hours but hopefully I can do a couple of more cards in the afternoon. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment