CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wish Big!

On Saturday we are going to one of N's little friend's 2nd birthday party. I was so concerned with worrying as to whether or not the items I needed to make her gift would arrive before Saturday (I don't think they will sad) that I almost forgot about a card.

I found my inspiration for this from GrannyLyn on SCS. I pretty much cased her card, just making a few changes.

Instead of using CS of all one colour, I used Chocolate chip to give it a bit more pop, added some pink gingham ribbon and some regal rose for the greeting and dipped into my Cool Caribbean Ink to put a bird on the Elephants back.

I think it turned out pretty cute! I really doubt my supplies to make her gift will arrive tomorrow, so I'm going to give her the card and then, since as murphy's law goes, I bet I'll get my stuff on Monday. I'll be seeing them again Tuesday night, so I can give the rest of the gift then.

Recipe:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Pretty in Pink DSP, Regal Rose. Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Cool Caribbean. Accessories: Word Window Punch, Pink Gingham ribbon.

On another note today, I was blog hopping and discovered a blog I had not been on before. I can't even remember whose blog directed me to hers, but what drew me in was this image;


I love love love that bedding set! It drew me in, but once I was there I could not stop browsing KwernerDesignBlog. The bedding is on her site (she even linked to the site she found it on and it's actually not that pricey! heh) because every Tuesday she has a Color Inspiration entry. She posts a photo she finds on the 'net and then request for ppl to make cards using those colours. You can leave a comment requesting to be in her "Round-up". She then picks 20 cards and links them from her site. They consist of her top 10 and then 10 other randomly picked.

She has tutorials, videos and lovely cards, so hop on over and visit! Oh and every Monday she does "Make a Card Monday". A video of a new card each week. I also have to mention that I really like her taste in music that she puts to each video. (she boosts them to high speed so it's not a long video, it's hyper speed but not so fast that it whizzes by!)

No comments:

Post a Comment