CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Everyday Tote

If you do a google search for "handmade tote", tons of these cute little totes will come up. They come in all shapes, sizes and colours. There are literally tons of tutorials out there on how to make these cute little totes/purses. I'm ashamed to say I can't find the two tutorials I used to make this bag, as well as the bag I saw on a blog that gave me inspiration for mine. I did however just spend 20 minutes bouncing around crafty blogs and bookmarking a couple of other tutorials for possible future projects.

The fabric I used for one of my fabric designers, Amy Butler. I can't remember the particular fabric name, but if you just google Amy Butler Fabrics, so many of her gorgeous fabrics will come up. Sidenote: I found out a couple of days ago she is putting out some gorgeous rugs now! I doubt they will be in my price range but a girl can dream. I think these two fabrics are part of her midwest collection?

The dimensions are approximately 10" wide and 12" high. I've only put in my Sigg, N's KK and an apple but it could hold quite a bit more. I found a pattern today during my 'wanders' that is an organizer that rolls/folds up to fit in this type of bag that can hold your cell phone, wallet and several other things so you are not digging through your tote looking for it.

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out, but next time I'd like it to be a bit narrower and taller. The tote I saw that I got inspiration from for this one was a Crochet bag. The crafter had made it for a friend who was going to be in the hospital. She included a Crochet book, a needle roll (she used a crayon roll pattern), some yarns and other items to get her started on crochet. I just guessed the dimensions she used but am pretty sure I'm off, as mine's quite short. The next one I make I'd also like to add a pocket to the inside. Although adding a pocket is just a tad past my skill level right now. lol

If I find the post/blog that gave me inspiration and the tutorial(s) (I used 2) I'll come back and edit this post. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment