CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Camping

Tomorrow Owen and I have 2 BBQ's to attend - one is a going away BBQ and the other is a birthday party for one of our friends. I've not done a card for the Bon Voyage BBQ (she's transferring to Paris for 3 yrs) but I did do up a Birthday card. This is my first ever masculine card.

I started out trying to do the Origami shirt (inspired by B's Father's day card) and use that on a card, but after I had mastered the folding part I just could not come up with anything I liked, so then I did a search on SCS for "male cards" which led me to use my Happy Camper stamp set.

When I signed up as an SU Demo their "special" was to receive the Define the Moment set or any other Stamp set that was a $60.95 value. I liked DtF but was not sold on it, and since we do a ton of Camping in the Summertime and hiking, I chose the Happy Camper set instead and bought the co-ordinating wheel. I never thought I'd use it for cards, but figured it would get some use as an embellishment for a scrapbook page or two.

My inspiration for this card was this one by Leisa on SCS. You can't tell from the photo but I used Dimensionals on the camper, signs and some of the trees. I actually had a lot of fun making this card, I hope he likes it! Like us, they enjoy camping and are outdoorsy type people. He also enjoys cycling, but I did not think the Bicycle stamp with the basket of flowers would be up his alley. :p I'll probably make this card again when my dad's birthday comes around if I do not cave and buy one of the SU Fisherman stamp sets.


Recipe:

Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Going Gray
Stamps: Happy Camper + Nature Hike Jumbo Wheel (grass and the Signs)
Accessories: Dimensionals, Pewter Mini Circle Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment