CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday - A card exchange


Happy Birthday
Originally uploaded by carleycat11

On a msg board I frequent a few of us decided to get together and do a card exchange. We each make 10 cards, then at the deadline, the organizer will take 1 of each batch of cards, put them in packages and ship them to each participant.

I love the Stamps I used and the colours are super bright/vivid, which I think is great, I just do not like the stamp "Happy Birthday". I purchased the Cricut Design Studio today while I was out getting water colour pencils and once Tash goes down for her afternoon nap I'm going to install it and see what I can come up with as an alternative to the stamping of "Happy Birthday".

Keep in mind it's a 'sample/test' run of the card, so it's not perfect. My stamps are not lined up and I smudged the "happy birthday" stamp. If you look really close I 'coloured' outside the lines as well. :0P

Materials used:

Paper - Brazill Basics green (I forget the exact name it's some leftover paper I bought for cmas cards, Lemonade (yellow), White
Stamps: Hero Arts - Playful Animals. There is also a Monkey in the set that I did not use on this card.
Size: 4.25"x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment