To say how proud I am of myself would be an understatement when it comes to this dress. After seeing this listing on Etsy for a Little Red Riding Costume, I thought to myself, "How hard can that be really?" There was no way I was spending $170 on a costume for my child that would be worn once, so I went on the hunt for patterns for the cloak and dress. The apron seemed easy enough.
So I did some searching on Etsy and found a pattern for a peasant dress and over-skirt and thought perfect! It was not until I got the patterns that it was not so perfect or easy. As I mentioned, the design was great, the instructions though were not too clear and a bit more complicated then need be.
After some ripping, a little re-write of the directions and changing the measurements to fit my child, the end result is this simple white dress.
What I changed from the pattern was - length, width, added the ruffle along the bottom and I'm thinking about using elastic thread on the sleeves and adding some eyelet lace.
Next I'm going to start the over-skirt. Maybe tomorrow, I have to work a few hours in the morning so I'll see how I'm feeling.
I tried to take some pictures of N in it, but she was in a super goofy mood so they were mostly blurred. I did capture this one though. It looks like she has quite the stagger. hah